We’re proud to offer two scholarship opportunities to the Workshop this year.
Note: Do NOT apply for both a scholarship and for a regular Workshop spot (and do not send a deposit). Space will likely be limited by April; if you do not receive a scholarship, contact the Workshop director to inquire about remaining available spots and classes for paying attendees.
Wildacres Diversity Scholarship
Wildacres Writers Workshop’s Diversity funding is made possible by select Wildacres alumni and Tar River Poetry.
Applications are currently open, and you can apply for a full-tuition scholarship or partial funding. No deadline is enforced, but applications are considered as they are received, so apply early.
A writing sample must be submitted with application:
- Poetry: Three to five poems
- Flash Fiction: Three to five stories
- Novel, Short Story, or Creative Nonfiction: No more than 3000 words
Apply via Submittable
Wildacres Experience Fiction Scholarship
This scholarship for first-year Workshop attendees is funded by an alum who would like to remain anonymous: “I have attended workshops all over the country, including Hawaii, and Wildacres is the best. It’s a great learning experience and an outstanding community of writers.”
Application Requirements and Instructions
- Must be 21 or older
- Must not be a returning Wildacres attendee
- Deadline is April 1
- Submit 6-10 pages of double-spaced prose, with your name and contact information (address, phone, and email address) on all pages.
- Your submission must be current, unpublished work in one of these standard file types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf.
- Send to our director at email@example.com with the subject line “Wildacres Experience Fiction Scholarship.” Please include a paragraph or two in your email on why you’re a good candidate for this award.